Wednesday, April 05, 2006

Tired living in Malaysia




Yes, Malaysia do have some beautiful places like above. However, I grew tired living in this place. Is it because that I've been living here for 17 years??
The only foreign country I went is Singapore, and actually that is only our neighbour. Its a shame to call our country a developing country eventhough we do have some modern and unique buildings. We can be in a clean city, and after we walk about 200 feet. Suddenly you see a dirty and untidy place, rubbish and pollution everywhere. And still our state Selangor claim itself to be a first class city. The public transportation is clearly not up to mark. Once you missed a bus you never know how long do you need to wait. Some of the bus is so dirty and pump out unhealthy gases which makes me sick.
In my opinion Penang is the most interesting places in Malaysia so far, so if you want to visit Malaysia goto Penang. In the 9th MP the government is going to build monorail and another bridge linking the island and the peninsular. The most dangerous place is on the road, people drive inconsiderately, I am learning to drive and those action people show their skill in front of me. Corruption is still happening here, it does happen everywhere what to do? It seems to be a peaceful place in Malaysia but there is still many bad guys lurking around such as those thieves. For many people Malaysia is a very nice place but there is still alot of room to improve such as those public services. ( And hopefully the internet speed can be improvise)No matter where you from and reading this post, please comment what you think of Malaysia.

4 Comments:

Blogger epiac1216 said...

Hello:

I have read your post with great interest. What you described, is happening in most, if not all Third World countries.

I live in Panama in Central America and have been a Comptroller/Auditor most of my life. Corruption is the Cancer that is killing our poor countries.

Air pollution, garbage and reckless driving are all syntoms of a poorly planned education. Solving these problem takes time, sometime more than ten to twenty years. In my opinion, development starts with a solid education system. Our differences with developed countries is that: good education.

You have a good attitude because you feel that something is bad and want to do something about it. I'm the same way. I've been fighting corruption for more than thirty years and it is very hard, but somebody has to do it.

I have seen gorgeous pictures of the Petronas Towers in Kuala Lumpur. That structure should be a symbol of pride for your country.

Another good thing that I know of Malaysia is its technologial centers. Many electronic products which we buy in Panama are made in Malaysia; specially computer related.

You have a good country, all it needs are well-educated citizens with solid ethical values.

Regards,

Omar.-

Thursday, April 06, 2006 2:09:00 AM  
Blogger loong said...

Many local students criticize our own education system....haha

Thursday, April 06, 2006 10:21:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thats such a beatiful landscape.

Thursday, April 06, 2006 4:14:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have been I U.K for several years. France, Switzerland and Italy. I think "rubbish" issue raised in you writing is a common problem encountered even in U.K. River in Liverpool is much more worse than some river in Malaysia.

I think your country is quite nice compared to some of other European countries.

You have a lot of beautiful beaches, green forest, modern building combined with traditional elements. You should proud as a Malaysian. But of course, all the bad things should be improved, and off course it will take some times.

Thursday, June 26, 2008 12:30:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home