Tuesday, May 23, 2006

before you vote, what do your vote base on?

Hey all bloggers, how do you rate a blog?
When you vote in Battle of the Blogs(botb), how do you vote?
For me, photoblogs is the favoutites among the blogs, because nice images can easily attract attention. In BOTB, photoblogs usually hold the upper hand against other blogs, and they have a good record in BOTB. Though there are some blogs that managed to catch the attention even without pictures. First impression is very important for all of us, thats why our blog design and post header must be able to catch the attention of others.

this is how I rate a blog(ranked in importance):
1) Contents - usually I looked at the most recent content of the blogs. Normally I will favour the blogs with pictures but if the contents of the other blogs really make me read think or laugh, I will vote for the blog.
2) Effort - obviously I will look at the efforts put in by the bloggers. eg. less short forms.
3) Design - blogs with nice design that me us 'comfortable' and not those that make me feel dizzy.
4) Loading Time - of course if a blog loads too slow anyone will be mazy to look at it.
5) Comments - blogs with more comments mean that more people like that site ...even though I may not know what they are talking about.
6) Starter of a battle - normally the one who accepts a battle held the advantage because he/she can see the strength of his/her opponent.

By the way, have you ever feel that sometimes the better blogs don't win? I guess it's because of cronyism. friends voting for friends. Honestly, I do usually vote for my friends in BOTB unless their opponent are REALLY good. I think it's ok but it's so unfair if we overdo it, such as creating multiple accounts to win the battle. It's so childish to do that because it doesn't worth it and you are cheating yourself. I think the only way is to increse the number of voters.....what do you think?

6 Comments:

Blogger Han Fei said...

Hey, that's almost the same way how i vote for those blogs, honestly i prefer pictures rather than essay, one or 2 paragraph nevermind but if it's too long....

~lol~

Btw good luck in our battles!

Tuesday, May 23, 2006 5:38:00 PM  
Blogger Lyvvie said...

I look for readability. I like simple templates, not too much flashing or advertising and it should load in a reasonable time. I like the photoblogs, but I think they should have more than justy one image, and I shouldn't have to search around the page for a "next" or "previous" button. I also prefer witty blogs over the more serious political/religious ones.

Tuesday, May 23, 2006 8:29:00 PM  
Blogger Steve Kenul said...

Sports blogs get no love in battles....

Tuesday, May 23, 2006 8:56:00 PM  
Blogger MsDemmie said...

I have to confess there are certain people I never vote for ..

I look for good/thoughtful/amusing content and clean design - I like ideas - if I can find a useful link or tip I am more inclined to vote for you.

If the page doesent load then no vote !

Good luck with your battles

Wednesday, May 24, 2006 6:10:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I notice the layout first.. is it difficult to find the articles or navigate? No vote if yes.

I really look at the content. Personal blogs are fine and fun and if a person is entertaining or amusing, I'll generally go for that blog. But if it's just regular mundane "hey I woke up, ate a bagel, got pissed at my cat..etc" Those are great for relatives and friends.. but I don't know you so it doesn't entertain me at all.

I also like blogs which share strong opinions (even if they're contrary to my own) and make you consider another side of life.

Saturday, May 27, 2006 3:00:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

creating multiple accounts to win? and asking all ur buddies to vote?
never crossed my mind....
but that's pure cheating and it's very unethical to do that!

Friday, June 02, 2006 2:28:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home